Dyno Test on my old 'Junk'

Yesterday I was dropping by at my friend's shop to hang out. When I arrive, the owner of Pro Dyno was there too. So he introduce me to his dyno test. I wasn't really interested that time cause my car's engine is still original 4G15.
Due to some cancellation on my schedule, I'm kind of free after I make a delivery to Sandakan, Sabah. So I decided to give it a try to see how much HP my old junk can churn out after spending so much $$ on it.
For your information, a stock 4G15 generate about 89bhp/75whp at 6000rpm, 126Nm(engine)/107Nm(wheel) torque at 4000rpm. Since I drove my car, I've been stuffing stuff into my car with the hope of improving it's performance.

This first run after all the mod so far churn out bout 95.6bhp/83.13whp at 5500rpm, 143.3Nm (engine)/124.62Nm (wheel) at bout 4000rpm.
Final/5th run after some adjustment, the engine manage to spit out 99.5bhp/86.58whp 5500rpm, 147.15Nm (engine)/127.96Nm(wheel) torque at 4000rpm.

A total of increase of 10hp compare to stock. That show how hard it is to increase the HP of an NA engine.

The lesson behind this story is that, no matter how much you work on an engine, you have to realize it have it's own limit.

Comments

Kenny De said…
great review bro..thanks for sharing.. need to improve my knowledge bout cars then.. :)
Jackson said…
hahaha... there are really a lot to learn.. feel free to drop comment if you have anything to share..

Popular posts from this blog

Introducing Mobil 1™ Triple Action Power+

Project Car-Myvi 1.3 (M) 'Sleeper Killer'

Zer0ne Type S Sport Spring for Perodua Axia